Jew is a Bible Word — you don’t need anyone’s permission to use it. Because it is a Bible word, its lessons endure forever, yet it’s rarely preached on. Entire denominations have been established on scriptures with fewer references than to those of the Jews. Examples:
- The Assemblies of God has a position on speaking in tongues. If you include the original speaking in tongues (Babel), there are perhaps half a dozen references to speaking in tongues.
- Thousands of preachers talk about the Rapture of the Saints, and that word is not present in the Scripture; “caught up” is, once in the KJV. The “end times” industry is huge, sermons abound, and everyone keeps wonder “when” it will happen.
Yet “Jew” is mentioned eighty-three times in the Book of Acts alone. The role of the “Jews” is no more temporary than speaking in tongues or healing, or the resurrection of the dead or casting out demons, let alone something esoteric as a pre-tribulation rapture or the millenium. In order to address the dearth of knowledge of “Jew” and Jews, a Christian ought simply read what the Scriptures themselves say.
Death of Jesus Christ
Let all the House of Israel know for certain that God has made Him [Jesus] both Lord and Christ — this Jesus whom you crucified. Acts 2:36
[Men of Israel] . . . the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilote, when he decided to release Him. But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, but put to death the Prince of Life, whom God raised from the dead. Acts 3:13-14
According to the Holy Scriptures, the Jews had a greater affinity for a murderer than for the Son of God? Why? Jesus tells us why:
You are of your father, the devil and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning (John 8:44).
Listen to Jesus Christ, speaking to the Jews:
- You seek to kill me because my word has no place in you. John 8:37
- You are seeking to kill me. John 8:40
- . . . you are not of God. John 8:47
(How did the Jews respond to Jesus? “You are a Samaritan and have a demon.”)
Where does this enmity come from? God put enmity between the seed of the woman (Jesus Christ) and the seed of the Serpent at the very beginning.
In the Book of Acts — Jews Act Consistently:
- Jews incited the devout women of prominence and leading men of the city. Acts 13:50
- But the Jews who disbelieved stirred up the minds of the Gentiles and embittered them against the brethren. Acts 14:2
- The Jews . . . having won over the crowds . . . stoned Paul. Acts 14:19
- But the Jews because jealous and formed a mob and set the city in an uproar. Acts 17:5
- . . . they stirred up the crowd. Acts 17:8
- . . . agitating and stirring up the crowds. Acts 17:13
- . . . a plot was formed against him by the Jews. Acts 20:3
- . . . the Jews . . . began stirring up all the crowd. Acts 21:27
- The Jews formed a conspiracy . . . to kill Paul. Acts 23:12
- The Jews brought charges against Paul. Acts 25:2
- The Jews . . . brought many and serious charges against [Paul]. Acts 25:7
- Saul the Pharisee: “So I thought to myself that I had to do many things hostile to the name of Jesus of Nazareth” and “ . . . when they were being put to death (the Christians) I cast my vote against them” and “I tried to make them blaspheme.” Acts 26:9-11
- And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes. Acts 6:12.
- Herod put to death James with a sword and was going to do the same to Peter “because it pleased the Jews.” Acts 12:3
- But the Lord rescued Peter “from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people has been expecting.” Acts 12:11
- Festus told King Agrippa that “ . . . all the people of the Jews appealed to me, both a Jerusalem and here, loudly declaring that he ought not live any longer . . . Acts 25:24-25.
the Bible is Clear on the Death of Jesus Christ:
- The Jews . . . put Him [Jesus] to death by hanging on a Cross. Acts 10:39
- It was the Jewish rulers that asked Pilate that Jesus be executed. Acts 13:28
- The Jews repudiated the Word of God and thereby judged themselves “unworthy of eternal life.” Acts 13:46
A Jew, or Judeo-Christian, may say “you are trying to make them guilty of a blood crime! ” Nothing new with that charge: the Chief Priests made the same claim:
“We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this Man’s blood upon us.” Acts 5:28
The Church does not honor our King by continually giving way to those who are not pleasing to Him. If our goal is friendship with the world, we are enemies of God. And “what harmony does Christ have with Belial, or what does a believer share with an unbeliever?”
There is one covenant — the New Covenant. Jesus Christ IS that Covenant. The Old Covenant is gone — outside of Jesus Christ there is no salvation, not for the Jew or Gentile. To those who harden their hearts against Jesus Christ, the Lord has sworn in his wrath they shall not enter [His] rest. Hebrews 3:7-11
The Church must be more loyal to the Word of God than anyone else, otherwise we are worthless.
Fritz Berggren, PhD
20 September 2021
PS: Being inoffensive is not a Christian virtue.